Revisiting Our Why to Re-Ignite the Passion of Our Dream
About this time last month, I wrote a blog post entitled, “Got Doubts About Your Dream? Build It Anyway.”
In that post I talked about the “why” of our dream for Ladybug Junction Farm.
I mentioned that “when you have a dream that is REALLY BIG and you start to doubt your ability to pull it off…just stop!”
Stop and ask yourself,
“why do I want this so badly?”
“why is this so important to me?”
“on my 90th birthday, will I regret not doing this?”
Only Don and I know the answer to these questions.
And only YOU know the answer to these questions when contemplating your dream goal.
Fast forward to today…July 19, 2017…yesterday while working with Jennifer Urezzio, Founder and Spiritual Director at Soul Language in a 15 min, laser coaching session, it became super clear to me that I had again forgotten my “why”.
Well, not entirely forgotten it, but allowed it to get muddled in all the plans, the challenges, the DOING…
In working on a dream this large with many moving parts, it’s easy to get side railed and to veer off course.
There is so much to consider and much to do…we often feel like Frances in the movie Under the Tuscan Sun, when speaking with the real estate agent and owner about Bramasole,
“Frances: I’d like to make an offer on the house. This is what I can pay, minus the work on the place, and a rental car to drive off a cliff when this all turns out to have been a terrible mistake.”
No…We aren’t to the point of “driving off the cliff”…
but we certainly find we need to take our own advice and just STOP!
STOP and ask ourselves, refresh our memory…
“Why do we want this?”
“Why is this important to us?”
I found I had written a mini-series about this very subject three years ago!
To be honest I was tempted to re-purpose those posts!
But it just didn’t feel right.
We are in a different place now.
We have learned so much in the past three years.
Our vision has gotten stronger, gained more clarity…
and we have grown in our own self-enrichment.
So…what are our whys?
As Oprah says…here’s what we know for sure:
What I Know For Sure About Our “Whys”
- Don Supporting Mindy in her Endeavor:Don (my sweet husband) is my biggest supporter and always has been. In everything I do or want to do, Don is right there cheering me on. Don’s talents in the field of Building Maintenance will come in handy through the building process and of course down the road as maintenance issues arise. It’s always nice to have a professional in the family!
- Country Living: I don’t know if you’ve ever felt this before, but I truly know in my soul, that I am more ME when I’m in the country. Country living feeds me. Fresh air, the stillness, the sounds of critters, all come together to nourish my spirit. This is a big one for me. Even as a child, I was often found playing as if I was on “the farm”. It’s part of who I am. My dad grew up on a farm. My grandparents had a working farm and a general store, with a gas pump. I seem to remember the horse who lived there as well. It’s in my genes!
- Animals: My entire life has been centered around animals. In my personal experience, I’ve adopted a wide range of animals; from tadpoles, wild rabbits, fish, birds, hamsters; to cats, dogs and a horse. At one point, I even brought home a baby chick when they were giving them away with a tank fill-up at gas stations. It was a crazy thing to do, I mean seriously, “Why would they give away live animals at a gas station? Why would they do that?” The upside? I was able to give my chick the best home I could and he was often found inside the house sitting on the couch with me! I consider animals my friends and they were very much a part of my growing up. I’ve not seemed to have grown out of it to date! We have two dogs and three cats in our household as we speak!
- Writing & Publishing:Don and I both love to write and publish our own books. To date, we have three books and intend on spending much more time writing on the farm. Every animal we adopt will have a book written and published in their honor; telling the story they wish to tell. Puppy Scents is our dog Roc’s story and Miley Girl our sweet tuxedo kitty has a bit of an adventure Don is working on! Next will be dog Chloe’s story, and kitties Katie Lynn and Maggie Moo. And of course, other furkids who find their way to our farm.
- Kids, Reading & the LOVE of BOOKS!One of the main attractions at Ladybug Junction Farm is The Big Red Reading Barn. Two things are important here for us: 1) Bringing kids & animals together in friendship and 2) through reading, learning and the Love of Books! The animals will enjoy hearing the kids read to them and the kids will have fun while learning the stories of the animals as they read! It’s our way of contributing to Children’s Literacy and instilling a love for books in the heart of every child!
- Educational Events/Classes & Workshops:Providing a place where the community can gather to also read, learn, experience a sense of well-being and wellness through the classes & workshops we offer. Some of the attractions we want to start off with are Yoga and Meditation in the pasture, providing areas for reading, classes on various natural healing modalities, essential oils, art painting classes and much more!
Our Mission Statement: To open our home in the country to the community, share our love for animals and provide a place where we and those who visit come to relax, rejuvenate, read a book or take a class. Just for today…love. Just for today…laugh. Just for today…be who you are!
These are the WHYs…why we persevere and keep moving forward in bringing this dream into reality.
Will it be scary? Yes, it will.
Will it be worth it? Again, YES IT WILL!
If you would like to Help Us Build Ladybug Junction Farm with your encouragement, monetary support and shares
Go to Our Go Fund Me campaign to see all we have planned! It’s super exciting! Come join us!
Mindy J Kaleta
Mindy Kaleta is a wife, mom, certified life coach, author, self-publisher, loves kids and animals and is dedicated to “living your ideal life”! Her mantra is simple “Anything is possible if you believe in it!” and she is continually looking for positive solutions to any situation that may arise.
As a personal life coach, she inspires clients to “Go for their dreams!” Her positivity and enthusiasm is contagious as she encourages her clients to “Believe in Yourself, Follow Your Passion & Love What You Do!” Her step-by-step approach builds momentum to manifest and realize their goals. Whether your goal is to write that book, start a business you love or move from where you are to where you want to be…Mindy can help your get there!
Mindy is passionate about children’s literacy. Reading means kids are learning and the application of knowledge is power. Reading with animals in the atmosphere of the great outdoors at Ladybug Junction Farm in “The Big Red Reading Barn” will motivate children to see reading as a fun activity without the embarassment or fear of reading errors. The animals love being with the kids and are oblivious of any reading mistakes. Reading to animals is one of the best ways to increase confidence and the love of books